The holidays are here, and while Black Friday and Cyber Monday have passed, ongoing December savings give you more time to find a great deal on some of the best cell phones. With companies like Apple and Samsung recently rolling out new flagship devices, it’s your chance to take advantage of slashed prices and holiday sales. If your phone needs an update and you’re ready to score a discount on a new device, here are a handful of smartphone deals available right now. The list includes a few sales on unlocked smartphones, as well as some carrier offers that can save you as much as $850.
The carriers’ best smartphone deals
Cellular service providers regularly offer enticing incentives to get you to switch to their plans. So if you’re looking for a new carrier, you can save a good chunk of change and even score a free device by taking advantage of one of the best smartphone deals from Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon or AT&T:
- Sprint: Sprint is offering 50 percent or more off the excellent Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, S8 Active, and Moto Z2 Force Edition to new customers. This lets you snag the Galaxy S8 for just $281, the S8 Active and the S8 Plus for $319, or the Z2 Force Edition for $198 when you sign up for an 18-month Sprint Flex Lease. Or you can get the new iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone X for $300 off with a Sprint Flex Lease and an eligible trade-in.
- T-Mobile: T-Mobile is offering a buy one, get one free deal when you buy two LG or Samsung phones. With a down payment for each device and the addition of a new line to your existing plan, you’ll receive a prepaid MasterCard worth up to $850. Eligible LG phones include the LG V30, LG V30 Plus, and the LG G6, while eligible the Samsung devices are the Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 Plus, and Galaxy Note8.
- Verizon: Verizon is also offering BOGO deals on the Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X, along with Samsung devices like the Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 Plus, and Galaxy Note8 when you buy two phones and sign up for Verizon’s Unlimited data plan. The carrier also has the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL on sale for $300 off with no trade-in required.
- AT&T: AT&T has the newly released dual-screen ZTE Axon M available for $725, and for a limited time, you can receive a $100 prepaid Visa Reward card with the purchase of this unique folding phone. The carrier also has its own BOGO deal on the Samsung Galaxy S8 that provides you with $750 in bill credits when you order both devices with AT&T Next service, or you can get the Galaxy Note8 for $300 off with an eligible trade-in.
The best unlocked smartphone deals
Carrier offers typically require you to sign up for a specific service or to trade in an old device to get your discount. These smartphone deals, on the other hand, let you enjoy big savings on these unlocked mobile phones when you buy them outright:
- iPhone SE: If you want an iPhone for cheap and don’t want to buy a refurbished device, it’s hard to beat the compact iPhone SE. Amazon currently has the 32GB model for $303, a $97 discount.
- Huawei Honor 8: The Huawei Honor 8 might not be the “flagship killer” that some hyped it to be, but it’s still a good, budget-friendly Android phone with solid hardware. The unlocked Honor 8 is compatible with GSM networks and normally retails for $450, but the 64GB model can be yours for $318 from Amazon, a $132 savings.
- Moto G4: The Moto G is still one of the best budget Android smartphones on the market today, and B&H has the unlocked fourth-generation model on sale for $125 after a $75 discount. You can also grab the larger G4 Plus for $135 and enjoy a savings of $115.
- LG G5: New flagships always come with big price cuts on last year’s models, so if you’re not fussy about having the latest bleeding-edge hardware, then the LG G5 is still a great Android phone. A brand-new unlocked one can be yours for only $230 ($300 off) from B&H.
- LG V20: The carrier deals for the LG V20 (one of the best phones on the market if you’re a photography junkie) may have dried up temporarily, but you can still grab an unlocked one for $300 from B&H ($150 discount).
Update: Added the Sprint Samsung S8 Active and Verizon BOGO deals. Removed expired offers and updated prices.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
Published at Sat, 16 Dec 2017 01:36:01 +0000